History, Language & Culture Albania
Albania is a European country with a Muslim culture. The country's history began as part of the Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire and then was occupied by the Ottoman Empire. When the Ottoman Empire declined, it became an independent country. But it experienced political turmoil and instability until it became a communist country after World War II, now it has undergone political reforms to enter a democracy and a free economic system.
It is a Balkan Muslim culture because in the past it was a colony of the Ottoman Turks. This makes the population mostly Muslims, 70 percent and the rest 30 percent of Christians.