Passport & Visa Greece
Visa Information before travel to Greece
Greece is a member state of the European Union and a part of the Schengen Treaty.
Documents for a visa application:
1. Greece Visa Application Form
2. Two recent (40 x 60 m.m or 1.6 x 2.4 inches) un-retouched photos in white or sky-blue background
3. Passport expiring at least 3 months after the scheduled return date (+copy)as well as previous passports if there are.
4. * Identity Card, Work Permit, Residence Permit (+copy)
5. * Letter of employment (original) or evidence of business ownership, such as Business Registration Certificate (+copy) and Income Tax Payment Certificate or Receipt (true copy)
6. Six month old bank statements or bank account booklets copied and certified by the Bank or original document from the bank (in English) indicating balance (exact amount)
7. Round-trip flight booking (+copy)
8. Confirmed hotel reservation (+copy)
9. Travel health insurance with minimum coverage the equivalent of 30,000 Euro(+copy)
10. Tourist visa holders must be able to prove possession of the equivalent of 50 Euro for each day of their stay within the Schengen area.
11. For business meetings/partners and persons staying at the residence of Greek citizens: Invitation issued by the host (with verified signature) which should be sent to the Embassy by fax or e-mail prior to the day of application. (The original may be sent by post).
12. * For persons under 20 years old; Parents’ consent permitting visa issuance and travel.
13. * For students; Letter from school / university (original)
14. * For Thai seamen and persons going to work or study in Greece; Police Clearance Certificate and Medical Examination Certificate verifying no contagious diseases
15. For wives of Greek citizens; Family status Certificate from respective Greek municipality
16. Any other documents supporting the purpose and circumstances of the trip.
Note that applicants may be also required to go through an interview
Applicants must apply in person.
* No. 4, 5, 12, 13, 14 All Thai documents must be translated into English by certified translators and be seen and certified at the Department of Consular Affairs, Chang Wattana Road.
Normally, it takes about 7 working days to process Visa Applications.